As your window blinds are taking care of your home from the outside dirt & dust, they also need delicate care to look fresh and functional. They also need proper care to properly perform their functionality & offer a lot of beneficial services (Blocking Light, Protecting your place from the sun, making your home more acoustic & more).
Blinds cleaning is actually not a daunting task if you are aware of basic tools and techniques. But, just in case if you are unable to clean window blinds, then apart from providing you with a piece of advice on how to clean window blinds, we can also help you to get your blinds cleaned by our professional cleaning staff. You can get a budget-friendly blinds cleaning service at Selectblinds.ae.
Let’s Start With Blinds Cleaning Process
Although, just like your ceiling fan, your ventilation hole, window sills & light switches, blinds are also never given importance for cleaning. And, this is a fact that most people are unaware of how to clean window blinds, as they just purchase them because of their versatility.
Considering the types of blinds there are different ways to clean blinds. We are giving you general information that can be applied to clean any type of blind.
Going through this article, you’ll learn about the basic tools and techniques to clean your blinds. Read out this carefully and make your blind cleaning routine to keep your window dressings look good!
Steps You Need To Follow For Window Clean Blinds
Tools You Need For Blinds Cleaning
|A vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment|
After gathering the tools, let’s get started with the steps necessary to make a blinds cleaning strategy.
Close & Lower The Blinds
- Regardless of blinds type, close the blinds and take them off from the wall. Every blind type comes with functionality to take it off and you can easily attach it again.
- Whether roller blinds with a piece of plain fabric or a vertical or horizontal blind with slats. You can always put it down.
Clean The Blinds With Dry Cloth
- The best way to start cleaning the blinds is to clean the dust particles that are collected over it for many days.
- A dry cloth will dust the blinds and definitely will not damage the blind in any way.
Use Microfiber Cloth For Cleaning
- After you have done dusting your blinds with a dry cloth, you can use a microfiber cloth to ensure that each & every dust particle is properly removed from the blind ( fabric or slats).
- Consider cleaning the complete blinds side by side, to clean every corner of the blind.
Use Dishwashing Soap For Stained Blind
- Mostly your kitchen or bathroom blinds are stained, which are hard to clean with the dry, damp, or microfibre cloth. So, these stains can be wiped or cleaned with to a mixture of dishwashing soap and water.
- Use this mixture, dip a cotton ball and wipe it over the blind. Those stains will surely disappear, leaving the fresh look of your blinds.
Use Baking Soda For Sturdy Stains
- For the more sturdy stains that can not be wiped with the dishwashing soap, you can use baking soda with that. Here’s how to do that:
- Mix dishwashing soap & a cup of baking soda. Baking is basically considered as the natural stain remover. So, it’ll definitely remove those sturdy stains over your blinds.
- Apply the mixture, move it over the stain & leave it 4-5min.
- Clean it with a dry or microfibre cloth. You’ll see that your blind will be cleaned perfectly.
Use Vacuum Cleaner
- After you have done the above process. You can now use a vacuum cleaner.
- Dry the overall blind with the vacuum cleaner. It’ll also ensure that there’s no dust remaining on your blind.
- You can also go using a vacuum cleaner with a brush to properly clean the blinds.
All the above-mentioned steps on how to clean window blinds need a lot of care and concentration in order to do any damage to blinds.
So, with the complete piece of advice, here you go with Do’s & Don’t for cleaning blinds.
List Of Dos and Don’ts For Cleaning Blinds
- Do make your blind cleaning strategy. Do regular cleaning of blinds at least once a week or proper cleaning once a month.
- Don’t use any type of toxic spray near your blinds. Like an air freshener, hairspray will damage the blind and leave permanent stains on it.
- Do consider dusting your blinds before sweeping or vacuuming your blinds. It’ll remove much of the dust and make your cleaning process easier.
- Don’t ever try to clean the dust with water. Consider using a dry or microfibre cloth to remove the dust. You’ll end up making more messes if you use water with dust.
- Do clean your blinds with a normal cloth. If you don’t have the specified tools then you can use an old clean cloth in your home to clean your blinds.
- Don’t try to use any type of chemical to clean your blinds. Doing this will end up damaging your blind permanently.
To Sum Up!
So, you have read about the entire process of blinds cleaning and must be very sure about how to clean blinds. Follow the steps carefully with the basic provided precautions to clean your blinds.
Doing this will keep your window treatment functional and practical and also keeps them as an essential appealing part of your home’s beauty. Hopefully, you’ll try to clean by yourself and will clean your blinds perfectly!